Thursday, October 26, 2017

And The Brilliance Continues...

Lately I have come to realize the best things in life truly are free and it really is the simple things that matter the most. As I walked to my car between classes in the cool October breeze, it struck me that I was shivering but remained un-phased. I love this time of year. I closed my eyes and let the crisp air hit my face and I smiled. When I opened my eyes I noticed the brilliance of the trees as their leaves had changed from shades of greens to burning colors of oranges, browns and reds. It's so beautiful. God sure knows how to use His paintbrush. The world just amazes me and I am becoming more and more aware of its beauty. A multicolored leaf falls in front of me as it has fulfilled its purpose over the last year and left new buds to take their turn. It made me think how similar that is to our lives. We are born and bud slowly into a life filled with change. We are brilliantly cast into the world and become rooted deeply into things that give us meaning, purpose and hold us up...just like a tree thrust deeply into the earth does for leaves. We sometimes hang on precariously as winds and storms strive to make us let go and fall. Yet we remain attached, though shaken. Our purpose isn't complete. As we grow, we change and our true colors become more apparent and blend together like the harvest colors of an autumn leaf and people begin to notice our beauty. Once blending in to our surroundings and being just another "olive colored leaf" among millions, we begin to stand out from the alike and take on our shades that make us who we are. Just like the trees, we don't all change at once, but one by one until we are once again making something amazing and beautiful. Then, when our purpose and colors have come full circle, it will finally be time to let go and take our plunge into eternity, leaving behind new "buds" and life to continue the cycle. Life to forever bring happiness and color to the world because we showed it how.


*I wrote this back in college years ago when I lived in Tennessee. That is one thing I definitely miss...the incredible beauty of the changing leaves in the Fall.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Settling is Sinking. You Were Born to Rise.

When someone thinks of something "settling", one of the first things that comes to mind is a house. I remember growing up, every t...